Pancakes are a morning ritual for many of us (or at least a weekend ritual). But for those of us who are a little more health-conscious, or looking for a tasty-yet-healthy treat for the kids, you really can’t go past this healthy apple and oat pancake recipe.
Also, bonus points: this recipe is also gluten-free!
This recipe is super easy and quick. Perfect for mornings where rushing around is inevitable. Once you try out our apple and Oat pancake recipe you’ll never go back to traditional pancakes ever again. Trust me!
All you need for this recipe is:
- 1 apple
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
And that’s it!
Pro tip: When cooking these pancakes they will not bubble like traditional pancakes, so you will need to keep lifting them to ensure you don’t burn the bottoms. I usually cook on low to medium heat, but this will depend on your cooktop.
You can put a splash of olive oil or butter in the pan to prevent sticking.
I cook for a couple of minutes both sides and serve with some yoghurt and fresh fruit. Enjoy!
For other healthy apple recipes check out our Zucchini and Apple Muffins Recipe
Apple and Oat Pancakes
- 1 Apple
- 1/3 cup Oats We used instant/quick oats
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg white
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 pinch Cinnamon to taste (more if you want extra flavour)
- 1 pinch Salt
- Cut up the apple into cubes and place in a bowl. Microwave for approx 3 minutes until soft.
- Add oats, salt, egg, egg white, cinnamon and soft apple into a blender and mix well
- grease pan lightly with olive oil or butter
- Add a big tablespoon of mixture to a hot pan and cook on low to medium heat for two minutes on each side
- Serve with yoghurt and fresh berries