Baking is such a fun pastime and its something that you can share with the whole family.
This zucchini and apple muffin recipe is the perfect way to get the kids involved as the process of making these muffins is not only fun (and a little messy), but they will love eating their finished baked goodies.
It’s recommended that toddlers and kids receive between 2-5 servings of vegetables per day. So this is a great way to introduce those vegetables to fussy eaters!
This recipe doesn’t involve any electric mixers so it’s a great recipe to get the kids started with baking. An adult will need to supervise with the hot oven and grating the zucchini and apple, but other than that its all hands on deck!
Zucchini and Apple Muffins
Servings: 12 muffins
Time: 30 mins from start to finish
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups grated apple
- 1 cup zucchini
- 1 tbs vanilla essence
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 2 eggs – lightly whisked
- pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius for fan forced (200 degrees Celsius for conventional)
- In a clean dry bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar and cinnamon
- in a separate bowl mix the eggs, vanilla essence and vegetable oil and then add the grated zucchini and grated apple
- mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and carefully fold through until everything is mixed together well
- Spoon the mixture into lightly greased muffin tins (or no greasing is required if you’re using silicone moulds) and bake in the oven for around 23 minutes.
We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we enjoy it!
This zucchini and apple muffin recipe is so versatile that you can modify it to make almost any flavour you need!
For a savoury muffin, you can add zucchini, pumpkin and cheese. Or for a sweeter muffin, you can add berries, bananas and chocolate chips.
If you try our recipe, be sure to tag us on twitter so we can check out your magnificent muffins!